Well, after the first day of classes, I have noticed that you need your school ID everywhere you go. You need it to get into every building associated with the university. I went to get my ID card today, and ironically, you need to show your ID to enter the ID center too. I had a temporary ID until I got my permanent one, but what do you do if you lose your ID card? I guess you're toast.
On a more interesting note, I passed (but haven't yet gone in) The Strand, a great book store that claims to have 18 miles of books. It looks like lots of fun and a couple of hours of perusing. Better yet, it's just a couple of blocks from where I'm staying!
Classes are really interesting too. The staff that produced the best-selling novel Marley and Me spoke about the process of publishing this book and the different promotions they put together for it. It was quite interesting. We also got advanced reader's copies. I'm excited to read it. This morning we also had the president of the AAP (Association of American Publishers) speak. It's quite the all-start cast every day.
By the way, this comment is for Heather: NYU's color is purple. They have a purple flag outside of each building, and many of the doors in the buildings are purple. Even the blinds in my bedroom window are purple. It's pretty good.
Also, here's the hideous fashion tip of the day: leggings with cowboy boots. It's quite the thing around here. Try it. Or don't.
4 comments:
Who knows, maybe by the time you get back, it'll be all the rage, and you can claim to have started it. We'll bow down before you.
I think it will always be hard to bow down to someone wearing leggings and cowboy boots. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't count on it if I were you. I think I would hide if I were credited with such a hideous trend. :)
Is that really the image we want to portray? Like we need to look anymore white trash while sitting in the warehouse amid our decor of green, pink, and orange. :)
I saw the fashion craze again, but this time it was with converse high tops, like in the 80s. Seriously. The best part was that it was on a guy. That's right, guys, this fashion frenze is not just for women! You can join in too! Sorry, no pics. I was walking home from the grocery store when I saw it, so I didn't really have a hand to grab my camera, but it was definitely worth a picture.
Post a Comment