Friday, July 14, 2006

all over

So, it's finally (or already) over. It was quite the week, and it was quite the race to the finish. Our group gave a presentation on our magazine launch, Historic Home, Thursday afternoon. Let's just say we were printing off cover art and materials for the judges that morning. It was pretty close, but all of the judges seemed to think we did a good job--they were all very complimentary, and even the coordinator raved about our magazine. There are always a few things that could be improved, but overall, they thought we did a good job. This morning was a career fair with a lot of big-name publishers (book and magazine). Since I'm not staying in New York, I didn't find it extremely useful, but it was interesting to talk to some of the people to see how they view the publishing industry. This afternoon we had a final luncheon at the Princeton Club (ooh swanky) where the alcohol flowed freely. There were a couple of girls at my table that had more than one or two glasses of wine before the luncheon was over. It's always amusing to watch everyone around you get tipsy when you are completely sober.
Anyway, the crazy week is over. I had a chance to go up to the Manhattan temple this afternoon, and it was wonderful and relaxing. I was glad I was able to go before I left. There are a lot of neat places I'm going to miss seeing all of the time. I guess I'll just have to come back again as a "tourist." :)
Now, I'm on my way to Rochester tomorrow!! The New York adventure continues. . . .

2 comments:

Mauri said...

Hmm. Someone isn't bitter about the past. :) Sacrasm? What's sarcasm?

Annie Oldham said...

Let me just say that I REALLY can't wait until you come back. Doing the work of three people really isn't all it's cracked up to be (especially when you're only making one person's salary).