Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ben Stein and Christmas


So, I've decided to rejoin the blogging world. It's funny that I choose that on an evening I have no energy whatsoever, and I really need to be in bed. However, looking through some other friends' postings elsewhere, it reminded me of a great experience (and photos to prove it!) I had last year about this time as some friends and I were leaving a Jazz game. We walked through Temple Square to get to our car, and who happened to cross our path? None other than Ben Stein. We had the shameless audacity to go introduce ourselves and confirm that's who it was. Just so you all know, he was very congenial and kind. He insisted on shaking each of our hands and knowing each of our names. We wished him a happy holiday season and went on our way. But really, how many people can say they ran into Ben Stein anywhere, let alone on Temple Square? It was great.

3 comments:

caron said...

WOW, can I touch you? In college, when I had free cable, I liked to tune into Win Ben Stein's Money on Comedy Central after class. I LOVED that show. That and that one news program that had what's his name on it, that was pretty good, too. (My descriptions are so precise, I know :) )

caron said...

Welcome Back, by the way. I've missed you in the blogging world. :)

Melissa said...

I heart Ben Stein.