Monday, August 27, 2007

still alive

I know, it has been a long time since I posted here, and I even promised to be better about that. So much for good intentions . . . Well, life has changed quite a bit in the past few months. I am currently working for an awesome magazine, Creating Keepsakes.

Believe me when I say I have learned a lot about scrapbooking, especially for someone who hasn't really been into it in the past. I still haven't figured out how to use the grommet tool, or really what a grommet even is (isn't that the dog that hangs out with Wallace?) but I guess there's still lots to learn. :)

One thing I am sure of these days: I love working for a magazine. It's great to be able to see your ideas come to fruition. In fact, my first feature article was recently published in the October issue. Woo hoo! It won't win any journalism Pulitzer Prizes, but I'm okay with that.

I've also upgraded my living situation--from an apartment with two roommates to a townhouse with one roommate. I'm slowly getting there. Who knows, I may actually own my own place someday!

The summer has been fabulous. I've been able to spend sometime in the great outdoors, and the little bro returned from his mission a few weeks ago. And, in the spirit of summer festivities, here's a great pic from a couple of years ago (just before the bro left) of him, the sister, and me during a rousing game of miniature golf. Good times!
And while we're at it, ignore the fact that the sunburned kid is wearing a shirt he wore when he was in first grade (or earlier). Let's hope that phase has passed since he's been wearing suits for the past two years.













4 comments:

Marissa Marie said...

Yay! I'm glad you're posting again! It helps me keep up with you. Plus, we really oughta do something fun sometime.

caron said...

Maurianne, I'm so happy to see your back! I think we need to do lunch again. I'll talk to your co-worker about it.
Congrats on the return of the little bro.

Christy said...

You know you work in the scrapbooking industry when you know what CK, SS, QVC, SB, LO and PP stand for. LOL! And if you have boxes of ribbon and paper and stamps under your desk. And you never use them!

Heather O said...

Thanks for the Morning Laugh, usually looking or even thinking about Sam makes me smile. Heh, heh. I think we all hope he has grown out of the 'I can wear anything even if it came from the costume box and mom trys to hide it from me' stage.