First of all, wow. Just wow. I'm amazed at the number of comments on my last post. I'd like to continue the discussion, but right now, my mind isn't coming up with anything brilliant to say. Stay tuned . . . In the meantime, here's a lil' "5 things" tag from Caron.
Five things I was doing 10 years ago
1. Smiling broadly (it was about this time of year I received by acceptance letter to BYU. I had perma-grin for about 2 months after that, I'm sure.)
2. Spending lots of time with various orchestral groups. Those were the days.
3. Wasting time that should have been spent on homework (wheely chair races in AP Research, Bread and Jam club, etc.)
4. Planning my future life as an engineer (ha, good one. Glad I came to my senses.)
5. Suffering through AP Chemistry. (What was I thinking?)
Five things on my to do list today
1. Go to the grocery store
2. Get my hair cut (hooray for hair cuts!)
3. Go to the temple
4. Finish my laundry
5. Clean my room
**Exciting stuff, huh?
Five things I will do when I'm a millionaire
1. Quit full-time employment and pursue writing the great American novel.
2. Buy a house. And a subaru.
3. Get an advanced degree from Oxford
4. Become an art collector
5. Travel to exotic places, like Britain
Five things I'll never wear again
1. Skinny jeans (sorry, very few people look good in those monstrosities)
2. Those elastic bands with the big plastic balls on the end
3. That blue dress I wore as a uniform in the Granite Youth Symphony
4. Socks over my pegged pants
5. Pegged pants
My favorite toys
1. Rainbow Brite (as a child)
2. Baby Brite (as a child)
3. Strawberry Shortcake (as a child)
4. The illustrious iPod (now--it often keeps me sane at work)
5. That pink-flowered, banana seat bike with the white basket (as a child. Does a bike count as a toy?)
Banes of my existence
1. The subjunctive form. Seriously, I will never master that.
2. The different forms of "lay" and "lie."
3. Neil Diamond. "There are two kinds of people in this world . . ."
4. Badly written New York Times bestsellers
5. Plurals expressed with an apostrophe (as in "my sister's went to the store")
Five people to tag
1. Jill
2. Heather
3. Ron (come on, do it)
4. Michelle
5. Marissa
6 comments:
Done. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
eek!
ok, ok....stay tuned
Nice, so those things you would never wear again. Really? Not even as a costume? Come on, those are some sweet things!
Heh. Heh. I like Neil Diamond.
Lay and lie? I feel your pain...
come on neil isn's that bad.
Post a Comment