Now you understand about the funny face. Anyway, this was based on The Shoe Project, which is kind-of a cool photo project done in San Francisco of random people and their shoes. If you can guess which shoes are mine, I'll give you a nickel. At least, I'll think about giving you a nickel.
This past weekend, I went down with the fam to Spring City to tour some of the historic homes in town. It's such a cool place. This is a picture of the home of my great-great-great Grandfather, Wiley Payne Allred. There's something about seeing a place where your ancestor lived. He suddenly seems real, and there is such a connection there.
There's also something to be said for eking out a living in the middle of nowhere and surviving in this desert country. I often wonder what made them stay, especially after he moved over to Emery. I think a bit of my heart is in each place. In fact, during the one time of my life when I spent significant time in a large city, I often thought of the wide open land and beautiful sunsets. When what I saw everyday was this:
I saw in my mind's eye and yearned for this:
I guess as much as I love the city, I'm not really a city girl at heart.
Another random musing for the day--first of all, isn't this just the most adorable Mother's Day card you've ever seen?
It's from my nephew, Will. I know, I'm not a mother, but hey, are we not all mothers? Something about watching a child discover language just melts my heart. Along those lines, may I just say that all mothers who work tirelessly night and day for their children's welfare are amazing? I was reading a co-worker's blog today, and she linked her "one of those days" stories to this talk she gave on Mother's Day. I absolutely loved it, and highly recommend it for your own reading pleasure. I love how honest she is--it's hard work, and she admits it, but at the same time, there is no other work that's quite as rewarding. I loved her comparison to a mission. How differently would we all act if we constantly saw our current position in life as a mission? Interesting.
11 comments:
I LOVE Will's card! That is so sweet! Thank you for posting the pics of the Allred home. I wish I could have been there. After reading the Anderson Family histories, I found myself wishing that there was more to read! I also loved the talk on motherhood. Reading it was an answer to prayer so thanks for posting it!!!
Maurianne, that pic of you is really cute! You should be in magazines. Oh wait, you are! :)
Your shoes are third row down, second pic from the left. Am I right? I'd recognize 'em anywhere!
Wow, you're famous!! Can I have your autograph? My guess is the yellow shoes, Brian's guess is the big boots. :)
Love the magazine picture. I'm still a tiny bit sad that I am not in it too!
Oh but wait, I do love my new job.
bottom left hand corner.
Sorry I'm a little slow. Blogger is banned from China :)
Just wanted to say HI!!!! I found your blog through someone else. How are you doing? It's Heidi (Poulsen) Skousen!! I hope all is well in your life. We should chat sometime and catch up. Check us out at:
jhskousen.blogspot.com
Hay Maurianne! How fun to find and read some of your blog. I like your magazine picture.
I thought I saw you from a distance the other day... do you live at Daybreak?
I saw in your profile that you like Brian Regan! I LOVE him! He'll be at Thanksgiving Point on August 15th! Are you going?
Well, the winner was definitely Annie. I'm sure she's seen those shoes a time or two. :) Although the other guesses were good as well--except for Brian's. I'll assume that was a facetious guess . . . right Andrea? And hello to Heidi and Beth! Good to hear from you both. We'll catch up more later, but for now, it's too late to post anything new, but I'll be posting soon.
Firstly, its been way to long. I think its time for a trip to the city. Secondly, love your hair. Thirdly, the backgroud kind of gives away who's feet belong to who's face. Lastly, you are a fabulous writer. Gives me something productive to do while I'm at work.
I was going to comment a long time ago when I first read this, but I think I put it off in order to contemplate my guess a little longer. So much for that. Let me say, belatedly, that this was a great post.
Post a Comment