Wednesday, June 14, 2006

loving it

So, I just want you all to know how much I love New York thus far. It's such a crazy city, and there are some many people everywhere, but there is also so much to do. Last night, a couple of my roommates and I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The greatest part was that it was free. Apparently, they open up all of the museums on Museum Mile one night a year to the public for free. They close off 5th Avenue in that area, and there are all sorts of street performers and entertainment.
But really, the cream of the experience was going to that museum. I had planned to check out the Guggenheim as well, but I didn't have time. I loved their collection of paintings in particular--Matisse, Monet, Renoir, Picasso, Seraut, Cezanne, Degas. You know, the usuals. Their Rodin collection is pretty amazing too. I love it. I love it all. I really enjoy being able to live as a normal New Yorker during the week, and play tourist on the nights and weekends. It's pretty good. So, anyway, that doesn't say a whole lot, but there you have it. It's a good place to be.

2 comments:

caron said...

So are you trying to pick up the accent and the vocabulary of a new-yo-ka? It will be quite the accessory when you get back. And you can start every sentence out with "Well, In NEW YORK, they....". It will be a hit, especially with those cowboy boots you'll be sportin. :)

Mauri said...

If only! I almost brought my irrigation boots, but alas, it was either the boots or the shorts; I just didn't have room for both. I'll have to remember to bring them on my next trip to New York.