So, Rochester was such great fun. It was great to hang out with the fam, even if they do enjoy sitting around, picking their noses. Heh.
Maybe no one will notice it is us with the disguises.Well, all good things must come to an end, and I had quite the experience trying to get back to Salt Lake last week. My flight from Rochester to JFK was delayed because of major storms in New York City, and after one of the airline employees assured me I wouldn't miss my connecting flight to Salt Lake, I got on the plane to JFK only to arrive an hour too late to catch my flight. After dealing with more than one very unhelpful person, I spent the night in the JFK airport attempting to get a little sleep. I then got on a flight to Las Vegas (which was also delayed an hour) and arrived with just enough time for me run to the gate of my last flight to Salt Lake. I was flying with a different airline and didn't have time to get my luggage. After I arrived in Salt Lake and tried to track down my luggage, it seems the incompetence on the JFK workers continuted because my luggage never made it to Las Vegas. After taking 23 hours to get home and finally receiving my luggage a full day after I arrived, I decided I don't really want to fly anywhere again anytime soon. So much for my good record of no incidents when flying.
Needless to say, it's good to be back, and it's good to get back to normal life.
3 comments:
Oh man! I can't believe they lost your luggage but at least you made it home! It was so awesome to have you stay with us but I'm sure it is good to be back home again. David says maybe now you can settle down for awhile and find a nice man who is as tall as a 6'3" tree.
Welcome Home. Hey, I'm moving up to the city of the salt lake. Let's play.
what?! When? We need to chat.
Post a Comment